Monday, April 6, 2009

I Dreamed

I would like to share a lovely poem I came across on the internet today. Amy of AmyDesigns wrote this lovely poem about her son and is running a special in her shop on Tuesday, April 7th. Please read on after the poem for details.



I Dreamed


by

Amy Cavaness


I dreamed he'd be born beautiful and healthy.

He was.


I dreamed he'd tell me that he loves me.

He tells me every day.


I dreamed he'd be bright and funny.

He is - his humor is wonderful.


I dreamed he'd ride a bike, catch a ball and wrestle with his big brother.

He does and his brother loves it.


I dreamed he'd have big birthday parties with lots of friends and cake and presents.

He's had six.


I dreamed he'd one day get on a bus and go to kindergarten.

He did it yesterday - my heart full of love and my eyes full of tears.


I dreamed he'd make us proud.

He has, and he's inspired us.


Dean has Down Syndrome.

I never dreamed that.


"It's been 15 years since I wrote this poem. Dean turns 21 on April 7, 2009 and I couldn't have dreamed what kind of man he'd become. He's still funny, he's very bright, and he still loves cake. He continues to make us proud. I continue to be grateful for his presence in our lives. And I love him dearly.


In honor of Dean's 21st birthday on Tuesday, April 7, I will donate 100% of my sales to the National Association for Down Syndrome. This organization offers wonderful support to parents and their kids, and we were so glad we found them when Dean was born."

*************************************************************************************

In addition to Amy's generous sale, James of Birdy Knits had this to say:

"In support of Amy and her endevor, for every sale she makes on the 7th of April, we will send her an additional $5 to help with her support. So if you can find it in yourself to purchase one of her lovely items Birdy's Knits will kick in an additional $5 per item sold on April 7th from AmyDesigns, no limit! That's our Birthday gift to Dean.

We wish you the best Birthday Yet Dean!

--James of Birdy's Knits"

*************************************************************************************

So if you find the time, please visit Amy's shop by clicking here and help support a wonderful cause. You don't even need to become an ArtFire member to purchase an item. Thanks.

Some items from AmyDesigns:






1 Comment:

Unknown said...

What a wonderful idea! Happy Birthday to Dean and I'm off to go shopping right now!